Teacher Workshops & CPD
2021 Writing Workshop Event
Aims for each participant:
- Become equipped with the confidence to see themselves as 'writers', word players, creative thinkers: Story Makers.
- Develop confidence to write different elements of a story in a variety of ways, making modelling in the classroom effective.
- Explore many fresh ideas that they can bring to the classroom within the realms of story writing.
- See what progression within narrative writing looks like in each Key Stage.
- Explore techniques that embrace all Learning Styles within the Story Making/ Writing process, impacting on how lessons are planned and delivered in a Literacy/ Word rich classroom.
- Discuss and try out practical tools that guide, nurture, empower and harness each writer in the classroom, creating successful Story Makers that progress and celebrate their efforts, year on year.
Techniques and strategies delivered by Michelle include tricks and tips that she has developed over the years from her own practice as an emerging writer and established Creative Writing facilitator. Michelle has developed these from her roots as a former teacher and Literacy Lead which includes being part of a Transforming Writing project, and the many Writing training/ conferences she has attended.
The cost of each day is £85 with a second pass for another staff member from the same school costing £80. A Scheme of Work is inclusive of the course price, given to each participant to bring back to your school, classrooms and other Key Stage staff.
🌟"Mind blowing compared to the system in place. You fielded the questions well, very thorough knowledge. Very passionate. I can see how this approach raises standards."
🌟"First class! Excellent delivery! I thoroughly enjoyed looking at new approaches to teaching creative writing."
🌟"Engaging and hands on workshop with lots of informative and beneficial texts and props to engage us."
🌟"The day was exactly what I was looking for. Excellent ideas to use in the classroom."
🌟"We would like to simply thank you for your time and rekindling a bit of that fire within us leaving us
more motivated to light that fire in the classroom."
I value all the previous knowledge and advice/strategies that Michelle has disseminated. What an impact it has had on my teaching and the experiences in learning gained by my pupils.
Principal and teaching staff from Derrygonnelly PS & Killyhommon PS